We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- Difficulty sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
How are sedatives administered?
- Inhalation — Here at Ocala Family Dentistry, nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is the preferred method of sedation. Nitrous oxide can be enjoyed by both children and adults. It is extremely safe and effective. One of the biggest advantages of nitrous oxide is that it goes out of your system before you leave the office. You can finally relax at the dentist.
- Oral — An extremely common technique for dental sedation is oral sedation. You will be given a prescription pill which, taken about an hour before your appointment, will have you fully relaxed by the time you arrive at our office. Transportation is required with this method.
Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out which sedation dentistry method may be right for you.
We do not put patients to sleep under IV sedation.